Regional Director East of England
- Providing STEM E&E Advisory infrastructure by ensuring ALL schools and colleges in a region are able to access appropriate information and advice on STEM E&E in order to increase the number of schools, colleges and students participating.
- Supporting STEM E&E by increasing the quality of STEM E&E support available to schools and colleges and to encourage greater participation.
- Forging regional partnerships by working with regional partners and ensuring the best possible service is provided to schools and colleges, and to leverage in additional support for STEM E&E in order to increase opportunities for engaging young people and addressing national and regional priorities.
- Monitoring, evaluating and continuously improving regional STEM E&E provision.
- Project management - helping STEMNET to deliver strategic projects which increase opportunities for young people, regardless of backgrounds, to engage more effectively with STEM E&E.
Post graduate DMS – Educational Management
Leslie started her career in London working for a bank where she became involved with school accounts, training school liaison officers, and encouraging links with education. She then worked for Suffolk Education Business Partnership as an area manager before moving on to Suffolk County Council’s Policy and Planning team where she prepared Ofsted LEA inspection advice, and implemented the Commission for Racial Equality Standard across the education department. She returned to Suffolk EBP as EBP Manager and Suffolk Education Business Consortium Director. She joined STEMNET as a regional director in 2005.
Membership of other organisations: