Regional Networks Manager - West Midlands, Wales and Northern Ireland
- To enable STEMNET to achieve its objectives through the implementation of sub-regional contracts and collaboration with STEM partners, at regional level.
- To enable STEMNET to maximise its links with business and industry on a regional level to enable employers better to engage with schools through STEMNET’s programmes.
- To represent STEMNET in operational matters regionally and, as agreed, nationally; to represent STEMNET in strategic matters as agreed.
BA (Education and Technology),
Cert Ed, MA (Professional Studies)
Barry has had many roles within education starting as a teacher of design and technology, before becoming head of subject, and director of a design faculty in Sandwell LEA. From here he progressed into local authority work as a TVEI technology coordinator, subject adviser and Ofsted inspector for design and technology, and STEMPOINT manager in Northamptonshire LEA. In 2005/06 Barry became the president of the National Association for Advisers and Inspectors in Design and Technology (NAAIDT) which culminated in a national conference in April 2006 in Warwickshire. He remains a member of the NAAIDT and provides them with STEM updates.
He joined STEMNET as Regional Director for the West Midlands in 2005 and the Regional Networks Manager for the West Midlands, Wales and Northern Ireland in 2012.
Member of other organisations:
- The Design and Technology Association (D&TA)
- The National Association for Advisers and Inspectors in Design and Technology (NAAIDT)
- Association for Science Education (ASE)